Landlord-Tenant Law Overview
Both landlords and tenants face unique pressures in the New York City real estate market. Landlords have to find a tenant who is responsible and will pay rent on time, while tenants need to find a place that fits within their budget. They both depend on each other to make the relationship work, because if any issues arise, it will have a serious impact on their lives.
At The Law Office Of Seth Rosenfeld, Esq., our founding lawyer, Seth Rosenfeld, has over 15 years of experience working for landlords and tenants. We have represented landlords and have evicted unsavory tenants, while also protecting tenants from the most ruthless landlords. We have 15 years of successful verdicts in our clients’ favor, and we are confident that we can help you achieve your specific goals.
Litigating In A Wide Range Of Issues Concerning Landlord-Tenant Law
Our firm has devoted a substantial portion of our practice to landlord-tenant law. We are in court nearly every day advocating on behalf of our clients. We know that these are extremely difficult situations for our clients, and we strive to find solutions as quickly as possible. We represent both tenants and landlords in matters such as:
- Nonpayment of rent
- Section 8 cases, including situations where the tenant is not paying their share of the rent and the landlord is being denied the subsidy of the rent
- Representing landlords in litigation against the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) and the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (DHPD) before the Supreme Court for failing to pay the subsidy portion of Section 8 housing
- Situations in which the tenant is accused of creating a nuisance (loud music, yelling, criminal, violent, abusive, unsanitary, or other objectionable behavior)
- Illegal subletting
- Owners’ use
- Loss of the subsidy
- Nonprimary residence cases
- Chronic nonpayment holdovers
- Lease expiration holdovers
- Month-to-month tenancies
- Aggressively pursuing negligent landlords who ignore violations and repair obligations
- Litigation over the breach of a lease
- Expiration of the lease
- Negotiation and review of leases
Experienced, Driven Attorneys Providing Cost-Effective Solutions
To schedule a free consultation with our experienced landlord-tenant law attorneys, please call our Forest Hills office at 800-699-1594 or send us an email. We are committed to finding a timely resolution to your legal problem.